It’s time to celebrate the Annie’s House 5-year reunion!! We are kicking off the celebration festivities on May 13,2017 at Annie’s House.
Here is how the day will flow – come join us!
TREE DEDICATION, TRAIL GRAND OPENING AND PRESENTATION:
- Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Location: 1 Winter Park Road
- Presentation: 1:00pm – including entertaining stories from the last 5 years.
- Tree Dedication: Annie’s House Park is located just south of Annie’s House visitor center Within this area several trees memorializing those that passed since Sept 11th 2001. New trees planted since September 11th 2012 include
o Builder Bob Lotspeich, Archie, Missouri. – Oak Tree
o Seth Nelson, Bottineau, ND – Pine Tree
o Gregory D. Monson, Bottineau, ND – Oak Tree
o All Those That Died in the Greensburg, Kansas Tornado – Oak tree
- Hiking Trail Grand Opening
o With the support of the ND Outdoor Heritage Fund BWP has established over 3 miles of fully accessible hiking trails. Trac wheel chairs will be on site.
- 5 Year Annie’s House Adaptive Program Review and Ann’s 46th Birthday Celebration.
- Guided Hikes and Geocaching:
o Starting at 2:00pm we will be showcasing our trail system, as well as teaching individuals about geocaching. We have 12 caches on site! Bring the family.
o We will have tour guides on hand, so if someone you know would like to know more about what happens at the Anne Carlsen Center, point them in the direction of one of our tour guides.
This is an excellent opportunity for our visitors to learn more about the programs within the Annie’s House Adaptive Recreation Program, and meet those individuals that help us do what we do for our guests.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know, we are happy to provide any further assistance.
9 miles North of Bottineau, ND than 1 ½ West or 3 ½ miles west of Lake Metigoshe. GPS address: 1 Winter Park Road, Bottineau, ND 58318